Privacy Notice on TASCAM ID
The personal information you provide to us, TEAC Europe GmbH, when you register your TASCAM ID will be handled as follows:
1.Personal Information to be Acquired
Upon registering your TASCAM ID, TEAC will collect the following personal information about you:
(1) Items to be acquired: Name, country of residence, email address, password, the browser and/or device information you use, access histories to TASCAM ID website
(2) Items that may be acquired at the request of you: Gender
(3) Correspondences or communication histories with you, product or service purchase histories, download histories
In addition, personal information cannot be registered on behalf of yourself other than you.
2.Purpose of Use of Personal Information
Your personal information provided may be used for the following purposes
(1) To provide registered products and related products, after-sales support and other services. (Including provision of software version upgrade information and paid / free membership services. Hereinafter referred to as "Registered Products, etc.)
(2) To provide information on events and campaigns related to Registered Products, etc.
(3) To ask you to survey our products and services, including Registered Products.
(4) To use your opinions on our products and/or services, including Registered Products, as a reference for planning, development, and sales strategies for products and services, or for improving products and services.
(5) To create statistical data classified by your attributes
(6) To authenticate and recognize you as a registered TASCAM ID member, to analyse your access histories of our products and services on our websites, improve and maintain the quality of user experience in our products, services, and websites for you convenience, during your log-in through TASCAM ID function or your access to our website using the limited tracking technologies such as cookies, or your purchase or use histories of your Registered Products.
(7) To prevent or remedy unfair acts or malpractice such as illegal acts and/or infringement of any party’s rights or properties, or to take necessary measures to carry out investigations for the purpose of retaining the rights of you, us or any third parties.
(8) To check under the audits or surveys required by laws, contracts, and accounting rules, and other legitimate confirmations
(9) The legal basis for the purposes listed under points 1 to 6 is your consent pursuant to Art. 6 I a) GDPR, in any other case the legal basis is our overriding legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 I f) GDPR.
(10) In case we need to use your personal information for the purpose other than the above, we will inform you of the purpose of use individually.
3.Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
We will not disclose or provide personal information obtained from you to any third party except for cases falling under any of the following items.
(1) When we obtain your prior approval or consent;
(2) When required by laws or regulations;
(3) When personal information is disclosed to our subcontractors, where it is necessary for us to provide you with the services and the like within the scope of the Purposes of Use;
(4) When we provide and share personal information with our group companies to the extent necessary to achieve the Purposes of Use clearly specified to you;
(5) When it is necessary to protect the rights or property of the Company, you or other third parties, and it is difficult to obtain your consent;
(6) When it is necessary for advanced public health or children's healthy development, and it is difficult to obtain your consent;
(7) When it is necessary to cooperate with statutory work required by laws and regulations performed by any national or local government office, or their subcontractors, and it is difficult to obtain your consent; or
(8) When business or rights and obligations are to be succeeded between the Company and other companies due to merger or company split or others.
4. Transfer of Personal Information Overseas
(1) Your personal information about your TASCAM ID is to be stored on the following servers overseas:
・ Server location: United States
-Server service name: Amazon Web Services cloud server, database and website system including mail delivery (referred to as "AWS service")
-Service provider and country of location: Amazon Web Services, Inc. (including affiliated companies, called "AWS")
P.O. Box 81226
Seattle, WA 98108-1226
-Contractual protection measures for personal information with contractors: AWS provides AWS services based on the personal information processing agreement (including standard contractual clauses approved by the european commission) that stipulates that appropriate technical, organizational, and contractual protection measures will be taken.
The conditions of the AWS service processing agreement meet the contractual requirements to be imposed on the contractor under the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Economic Area, and the sufficiency certification is granted. It is evaluated to meet the requirements for complementary measures to be taken in the case of a data access request by a public agency state that may need to be considered when moving to a country that has not received it.
(2) Your personal information about your TASCAM ID are to be processed by our service providers in Japan for the purpose of data processing and IT technical supports.
The European Commission has adopted an adequacy decision for transfers of personal data to Japan under the General Data Protection. The processing contract, which provides contractual protection measures, is concluded between us and the processors, including sub-processors in Japan.
5.Inquiries on Your Personal Information
If you wish to confirm your personal information (including correction / destruction), or if you have any questions about the contents of this page, please contact us using the inquiry form below.
◆ Contact point ◆ (TEAC EUROPE GmbH. TASCAM ID contact point)
TEAC Europe GmbH
Tel. : +49 (0) 611 71 58 - 0
Email : email@example.com
Our external data protection officer is happy to answer any questions about data protection:
Mr Arndt Halbach, GINDAT GmbH
Wetterauer Str. 6, 42897 Remscheid
Tel.: +49 (0) 2191 - 909 430
*If you wish to confirm your personal information, you need to show your registered information to prove your identity in order to confirm that the application is from you. The required information, documents, and how you submit the information may differ depending on the content of your request, so please let us know your request from the "Inquiry form" above. We will give you a detailed guidance through the procedure.
6.Right to Lodge a Complaint with a Supervisory Authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, if you believe that the processing of your personal data is in violation of the GDPR. The competent supervisory authority in data protection matters is the state data protection officer of the federal state where our registered head office is located (Hessian Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information in English, Der Hessische Beauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit).
(2) Doing business of providing personal information to a third party
We do NOT run any business to provide your personal information to any third parties.
(3) Automated decision-making
TASCAM ID website does NOT use of the automated decision-making tools.
8.Your Rights on GDPR
You may exercise the following rights under the GDPR:
(1) Right of access
You have the right to access information about your personal data that we process.
(2) Right of rectification
You are able to request the correction of incomplete or incorrectly processed personal data.
(3) Right of erasure
You have the right to the deletion of your personal data, in particular on the basis of one of the following reasons:
- Your personal data is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
- You withdraw your consent on which the processing of your data was based.
- You have asserted a right of objection to processing.
- Your data was unlawfully processed.
The right of erasure does not apply, however, if such deletion is opposed by the legitimate interest of us. For instance, this may include:
- Personal Information is required for the assertion, exercising or defense of legal claims.
- Deletion is not possible due to retention obligations such as for taxation purpose.
Insofar as data cannot be deleted, you may exercise a right to the restriction of processing (as follows).
(4) Right to the restriction of processing
You have the right to request us to restrict the processing of your personal data, if:
- You dispute the correctness of the data and we must therefore review the correctness.
- The processing is unlawful and you decline data erasure and instead request restriction of use.
- We no longer require the data, but you still need the data in order to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
- You have submitted an objection to the processing of your data and it has not yet been determined whether our legitimate interests prevail over your interests.
(5) Right of data portability
You have the right to receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly available and machine-readable format. Moreover, you have the right to have us transmit this data to another controller without hindrance by us, provided that the processing is based on a contract or consent, and our processing takes place with the aid of automated processes.
(6) Right of withdrawal
The data subject has the right at any time to submit an objection to the processing of their personal data, for reasons arising from their particular situation; this also applies to profiling based on one of these conditions. Insofar as the processing of your personal data is based on a consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Established: August 25, 2021
TEAC Europe GmbH